The E-Rate Technical Assistance Program is available to eligible K-12 schools and public libraries, providing affordable access to modern telecommunications and information services. This federal program, formally known as the Universal Service Fund for Schools and Libraries is administered by the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC), and provides discounts on telecommunications, Internet access service costs and internal connections.
In its first 10 years, the E-Rate program has provided more than $1 billion to Ohio schools and libraries for their telecommunications and Internet services, as well as internal connections equipment.
Join the E-Rate Community
eTech Ohio supports communication between the members of the Ohio E-Rate community through electronic communication. To ensure you receive the most up-to-date E-Rate information, subscribe to the E-Rate Announcement List by sending an email to email@example.com.
To unsubscribe from the E-Rate list, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions or more information about the E-Rate program, contact:
614-485-6050 or 877-383-2406
Who is eligible?
All Ohio K-12 schools and public libraries are eligible for E-Rate support. eTech Ohio provides planning, support and information to E-Rate program applicants and recipients.
How do I apply?
Visit USAC’s website to apply for annual discounts ranging from 20 to 90 percent on services and equipment. Those provided support through Ohio’s K-12 Network Program must complete USAC Forms 470, 471, 479, 486, and 472 to ensure they meet program requirements to receive discounts through the E-Rate program.
E-Rate workshops and webinars are available and provide detailed information on access to funding and how to apply.
- To join a 2011-2012 Winter E-Rate webinar session, click on the "Join" link within 30 minutes of its specified start time.
- Click here to view the USAC Program Overview - PDF
E-Rate Workshop Presentation
- FY 2013 Fall E-Rate Training - PPTX
- FY 2013 E-Rate New Form 470 Step by Step - PPTX
- FY 2013 E-Rate Form 471 Step by Step and Next Steps -PPTX
- FY 2013 E-Rate Fall Workshop Understanding the Basics
- FY 2013 Eligible Services List
- FY 2013 Calculating Your Discount
- FY 2013 CIPA Update
- FY 2013 Form 470 Step-by-Step
- FY 2013 E-Rate Winter Workshop Form 471 Step by Step
- 2013 E-Rate WSTimeline - DOC
- E-Rate Eligible Services List 2013 - PDF
- Applicant Process Flowchart - PDF
- 2013 Form 471 Step by Step AND Next Steps - PPTX
- E-Rate Form 470 Competitive Bidding Process Template for Documenting Vendor Selection Process - DOCX
- Sample Bid Evaluation Matrix - PDF
- E-Rate SLD Discount Matrix - DOCX
- E-Rate Binder Table of Content - PDF
- Common E-Rate Errors That Lead to Denial - PDF
- E-Rate Applicant Do's and Don'ts Checklist - PDF
- E-Rate Terminology and Acronyms - DOCX
- Rural County SLD designated - DOC
MR81 Text Files
- NCES Code - Website
- FCC Registration Number - Website
- CIPA Compliance Information - Website
- Ohio Department of Education's MR81 - Data for Free and Reduced Price Meal Eligibility - Website