The Transforming Teaching and Learning Grant is a competitive federal program that provides Title II D funding to eligible Ohio school buildings. Funds are intended to help educators implement innovative teaching strategies, and enable schools to integrate technology to transform the learning environment and enhance academic achievement.
The vision for a transformed school is one where students are engaged in authentic and relevant work, using the appropriate tools that enable them to accomplish tasks. It's an environment where they are utilizing technology and are free to create, discuss and learn.
Ongoing professional development supports the life-long growth of a teacher and ultimately each student. Continuous professional development should not only train teachers how to use technology, but also how to integrate technology into the curriculum. Educators can engage in professional development through access to online courses, professional learning communities, and education portals with resources.
The Ohio Department of Education, in consultation with eTech Ohio awards these competitive, federally funded grants to school districts/buildings that meet specific eligibility criteria identified in the Request for Proposals (RFP). Eligible buildings must meet all application requirements in the RFP and submit an application by the specified date and time.
TTL Related Materials
- 2012 Conference Info for TTL - PPT
- TTL Grant Admin Webinar (09/20/2011) - Webinar Recording
- Evaluation Presentation - PPTx
- TTL Grant Recipients Press Release - DOC
- TTL Orientation Presentation - PPT
- Equitable Participation Provisions for Private School Students in Title II-D Programs - PDF
- Title II-D Transforming Teaching and Learning Performance Agreement - PDF
- Title II-D Transforming Teaching and Learning Competitive Grant RFP - PDF
- Title II-D Transforming Teaching and Learning Competitive Grant Eligibility List - PDF
- Title II-D Federal Assurance Private and Non-Public Guidance - PDF
- Title II-D Transforming Teaching and Learning Online Letter of Intent: Received 3-25-2011 - PDF
- TTL Final Months Information PowerPoint - PPT